Our wedding was wonderful but it was so fast paced so we were looking forward to spending a quiet morning/afternoon with our closest family and friends. We did our best to chat with everyone but we had more time on Sunday and we were very thankful for that!
We opened gifts at the same location as the rehearsal dinner to make it easier for gifts, there was a kitchen, plenty of tables, chairs and couches and because there was air conditioning.
I feel like this is as good of time as any to mention our good friend Andy. I mentioned my brother from another mother, Tim, and how helpful he was during our wedding. Well, Andy was also beyond wonderful! Andy helped us out in so many ways so this is a big shout out to him! I really don’t know how we would have gotten everything done and our wedding would not have gone smoothly without him! We love you Andy!
After all the scheduled events were completed; grand entrance, dinner, speeches, first dances, cake cutting, etc., it was time for the real party to begin!
Some fun facts about the rest of our reception:
1. I don’t know if more than 30 seconds that went by that the dance floor didn’t have someone on it! There were times that I feel like there were more people on the dance floor then anywhere else!
2. Ben and I had not had one moment alone all day so we found our chance during the reception. The back part of the reception was empty so we both laid on the floor and just enjoyed the moment!
3. We stayed until the very end of our reception. Then we snuck off to our hotel room. By the time we left most of the decorations were already down.
Now here are some pictures of everyone showing off their best dance moves throughout the even; including a dance performance by cop, Mark and my brother, Justin to Elton John’s, “Tiny Dancer.”
The night wasn’t over. More adventures were to be had as the evening continued. We left the reception around 11pm then headed to the hotel.
Some fun facts about after the reception:
1. We snuck away from the reception to spend a relaxing evening in a hotel room paid for by my parents. We love our family but were thankful to sneak away from them for a bit but when we got into the hotel room we were greeted by most of our wedding guests… awkward…
2. Tia (Justin’s girlfriend), Tim (brother from another mother!) and my mom got into our hotel room before we did and left a few of our favorite adult beverages in the fridge, some flowers, rose petals on the floor and bed and filled our bath tub up with water and stuck a bride and groom rubber duck in the water! It was so cute and made us feel more at home!
3. On our wedding night, Ben ran downstairs to the lobby soaking wet and half dressed. For more on this story read below! 🙂
My 2nd to last post as a single lady was written 365 days ago. I described our plans for the day here.
Bruce and Joanne Hannink
Just glowing and telling us all they had planned
She says, “Dad, the wedding’s still six months away
But I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?”
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
We frosted one shortcake to use as a cake to cut then enjoyed strawberry short cake!
Ben picked out that song! 🙂 How perfect!
Taj caught the garter!
After the bridal party showed up the rehearsal went well. Almost all the decorations for the church and reception location were complete. Then Ben and I spent a few more hours together before saying goodbye until I met him at the alter.
Some fun facts about the rehearsal dinner:
1. We had Aubrees, a local restaurant where Ben and I shared many meals and memories together. It is our favorite place to eat and we wanted our family to experience the deliciousness!
2. For most of our family members this was the first time they had met so I loved just taking a seat and looking around as our families collided! Our cousins became friends instantly and that was one of my favorite memories from our wedding.
3. I had on a cute little dress but I FROZE in the air conditioning and wore a jacket the whole night.