Along with adorable little baby things I wanted to share something that isn’t so adorable but equally necessary when our little one arrives – nursing clothing.
I bought a few maternity shirts and was given a few more maternity dresses/tops from my family as gifts but I really don’t have a ton of clothes that I can nurse in without stripping down every time. I was on a search for a few months stopping at all the maternity sections and looking for nursing tops and tanks on sale or in the clearance section. Nothing.. everything is still $20 or more and I don’t like to spend money, especially on myself, especially on clothes.
I saw this pin, originally posted here.
I am not willing to spend $30 on one tank top. So instead, I bought two $12 tank tops on sale for $5 each for a total of $10 spent on two DIY nursing tank tops.
Here’s how I did it! Took less than 20 minutes and $10 to make these.
1. Grab your cami, I used one with a built in bra for extra support. I also bought a size up from my normal size. I usually wear small but have a few medium ones I have been using throughout this pregnancy and it will be helpful to have a bigger size postpartum.
2. Flip the tank top inside out and lay it down with the tag facing up.
3. Cut the strap closest to the tag right at the seam.
4. Create a little loop and if you need to use a pin to keep it from moving.
5. Sew down the loop, leaving a long tail from the cut strap. 6. Cut off the rest of the strap that is hanging down.
7. Your done! Now go try it out!
Here is what the finished product will look like.
$10 + 20 minutes = 2 Nursing Tank Tops