On my quest to slowly move towards “green” living I decided to make my own body scrub. I was buying it but discovered making it was really easy and much cheaper.
Here is what you need:
* small container
* Vanilla extract (Ben made ours)
* Coconut Oil
Lavender Vanilla Body Scrub
(with vague instructions, this doesn’t need to be perfect!)
1. Fill the container 3/4 full with sugar.
2. Put in a teaspoon of vanilla extract and lavender.
3. Mix in enough coconut oil to wet the sugar.
4. Put the container in the shower and use it to shave your legs, moisturize your body and exfoliate your skin! I absolutely love this stuff!
*Note* Depending on temperature the coconut oil may turn into a solid or liquid altering the look of your scrub.
I alter this recipe depending on what I am feeling at the moment. You see some ground coffee in the above pictures from a previous batch I made, a Vanilla Latte scrub.
This would make a unique Christmas gift!