With the gorgeous weather we have been having I am a bit behind in my organizing. I have been spending more time outside then inside lately but finally got myself moving on these challenges.
1. Choose a Central Location in Your Home to Gather and Process Mail
I picked a spot where I can work on paperwork and near my files.
2. Gather the Right Equipment and Supplies in the Home Mail Center
The paper shredder, pens, Post-it notes, stapler, cards, address books, stamps, etc. are
3. Create a Habit of Sorting and Purging Mail Daily
Before I go to bed I go through the mail and recycle what I can. The rest now goes in the mail organizer.
4. Designate a Weekly Appointment for Dealing with Paperwork
Every weekend I go through the remaining paperwork.
1. Gather all the Bills in One Area
All of our bills are found in our mail area.
2. Set a Weekly Schedule to Focus on the Household Finances and Pay Bills
I typically sit down a few times a week to keep caught up on our finances and I pay bills on the weekend at the same time as I do the above challenge.
3. Organize Bills After Payment for Quick Access When Needed
After the bill has been paid the bill is put in a specific file – Electric, Gas, Loans, etc. They are put in by date oldest to most recent.
4. Create an Annual Routine for Getting Rid of Old Paper Bills and Cleaning Out the Filing System
I do this every summer/fall.